Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture consulting firm with long-term programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is seeking the Finance and Credit Specialist for the 4-year, Feed the Future Tanzania Mboga na Matunda.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
The Finance and Credit Specialist will be based at the Iringa Office and reports to the Regional Technical Coordinator. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, (s)he is expected to contribute fully as a program team member, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe-keeping and care of all program assets assigned to him/her. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build relationships between financial institutions, producer groups and private sector entities.
- Train and orientate regional financial institutions on the realities of financing to the horticulture sub-sector. Evaluate existing financial products and suggest possible modifications or ways of making the terms fit the realities of horticulture.
- Train farmers on commercial horticulture and financing. Help prepare the farmers to become ‘bankable’ (record keeping, transactional history, savings account, business
- planning). Link these farmers to interested banks
- Facilitate the loan application and award process.
- Identifying non-traditional finance opportunities to facilitate initiatives such as the scaling up of technologies, and the development of more formal producer/buyer relationships.
- Overseeing and reporting on any FTFT-MnM mediated loans.
- Work with networks of village savings and lending groups (or VICOBAs) to make them aware of the opportunities in commercial horticulture and to commit to lending so that its members can invest in horticulture. Ensure that all horticulture loans are captured and reported.
- Transition the training and oversight activities of farmers to financial institutions and other value chain stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide finance and credit support to companies and organizations who are partnering with FTFT-MnM through other grant initiatives.
- Regular reporting of activities and successes of the Finance & Credit department.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Regional Technical Coordinator.
Key Qualifications & Characteristics:
• Diploma or University Degree qualifications in Banking, Economics, Agri-Business or related field.
• At least 2 years’ experience in Finance and Credit issues.
• Proven success in facilitating agricultural/agribusiness loans
• Good communication skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Computer knowledge.
• Ability to work without daily direct supervision.
• Solution orientated, energetic and proactive.
• Honest and responsible work ethics.
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Candidates should submit a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is Friday October 4, 2019.. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Learn more about Fintrac and our work at www.fintrac.com